Wednesday, July 05, 2006

positively Gothic


So... it's been a long, long time since I've updated my blog. I really don't have a great excuse for this, except to say that I've been in the First Circle of Blogger Hell, as interpreted by the genius of Pouringdown (cheers Daniel, hope you enjoy the climbing in Estes dude!).

I guess the only thing I can say in my defence is that I moved (yet again) and have been super, super busy and motivated to ride, so the blog kind of went by the wayside. The only negative to the new digs is that Aaron and I are both too stubborn to pay for internet with open wireless links all around, so the wireless is kind of flaky on the Macbook until and unless I decide to deal with getting a more powerful wireless pickup. I can connect to the 'net maybe 30% of the time, and the connexion isn't reliable, so these days I basically just go ride my bike or enjoy tag-team cooking with my boy who just happens to be one of the better chefs in Colorado. seriously, he rocks on everything from top tier cordon bleu to wrangling the camp stove. All I have to do is sit back, watch, maybe peel potatoes and huck cleanup.


Speaking of Aaron, here's the master of disaster himself, riding a gnarly line on the Upper Trail at Crested Butte. We decided to ditch Boulder for 3 days of solitude, camping and sick mountain bike action. Remember that old Schwinn I built into a singlespeed? Well it is single no more; Aaron worked some of his mechanical magic on it and has transformed it into a sweet 8-speed hardtail. And get this: the entire cost of the bike is STILL less than $200. Check it out:



There are so many more pics from Crested Butte, but unfortunately there's only so much time in one day and battery life in the MacBook. In the neverending search for fast, free wireless, I'm blogging tonight front and centre from the ArtMart hotspot on Pearl and 12th in downtown Boulder.

cheers all,

LFR

3 Comments:

Blogger gewilli said...

sounds great! and good to see some new content up by the LFR!!!

11:00 AM  
Blogger peacecorn said...

What about BYT?

2:43 PM  
Blogger LFR said...

BYT is getting the Talking To tomorrow night.

A is my roommate, just FYI.

3:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home