Saturday, January 14, 2006

Take this job...

These characters right here:


Are the reason I'm happy to climb out of bed every Monday. Seriously. I don't know many folks in the corporate world who can say they enjoy interacting with their colleagues on a business level, much less actually get along with them as friends. These guys rock! Possibly 'cos they're highly intellectual research scientists and not your garden-variety backstabbing corporate pond scum, but mebbe that's just me being cynical.

Lots of exciting news 'round the workfront lately, which is why I haven't been blogging, honestly. The 70 hour workweeks have precluded much extracurricular shenanigans (this has included going in on weekends - yep you heard right, the Slacker Of The Century is actually putting in massive overtime!) In a couple weeks, I hope to have some really exciting news on that front, but for now it's on the q.t.

That and I'm in the market for a notebook PC so's I can blog from the coffeeshop like all the other hipster poseur wannabees. I mean, I already have more techno-toys roaming 'round the Metropolis than a thirteen-year-old Asian kid... all's I need is the trendy laptop, right?

I'm seriously considering making a break for the Mac front. The
recent announcement of an Intel/Apple partnership running dual core processors, only makes it that much more enticing.

Speaking of highly-touted rumours... there's a lot of
buzz going on recently 'round legendary pro glass manufacturer Carl Zeiss. From the tantalising hints on their web page, it seems there maybe a Nikon mount Zeiss lens in the future? O lordy, there goes my wheel budget for the next three years!

Cheers,

LFR

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home